The Vancouver Chopin Society’s (VCS) Youth Club Launch and Debut Event – A Chopin Piano Marathon!
To celebrate the birthday of Frederic Chopin, which falls on March 1st, 2024 as well to raise money for the newly formed VCS Youth Club, The Vancouver Chopin Society, the Polish Consulate in Vancouver, and Tom Lee Music are jointly presenting a Chopin Piano Marathon.
Our goal is to have 200 pianists participate and raise $5000 in donations from March 1st to 3rd, 2024, a three-day event to be held in Tom Lee Music Hall, 728 Granville Street, Vancouver.
1. Every performer will receive a Certificate of Appreciation from The Vancouver Chopin Society, a souvenir from Poland’s Chopin Institute, and a gift card generously donated by Tom Lee Music.
2. Every performer will receive two complimentary tickets for Yefim Bronfman concert on April 16 at the Orpheum Theatre.
3. Every performer will automatically become a founding member of the VCS Youth Club.
a) Every member will get priority access to upcoming master classes/workshops sessions with top international Chopin scholars.
b) Members will get opportunity to perform in special events organized by the VCS Youth Club.
c) Teachers who send students to marathon will receive a recognition certificate and a special discount to our regular concert series tickets.
By committing to units of one-hour performance time slot for your students, you are giving them a wonderful opportunity to showcase their talent, and affording them the privilege of performing under the auspices of The Vancouver Chopin Society. We plan to have 8 to 10 students performing per hour for three days to make up a total of 24 hours for the Chopin Marathon – March 1st (12 – 6 p.m.), March 2nd (11 -8 p.m.), March 3rd (11 – 8 p.m.). Each student is to perform one piece by Chopin. We are asking each student to pledge $25 in support of this fundraising effort. Each teacher will collect from the participating students and submit the total amount at the marathon. Tax receipts and certificates will be sent after the marathon. Teachers should provide their mailing address so that tax receipts and certificates could be mailed to them.
To register for this incredible performance opportunity for your student, please fill out the registration form for the students (see links below) who will be performing and send it via email to Anna Pietrzak firstname.lastname@example.org before February 20th. As the popular time slots are limited and will be assigned on a first-come-first served basis, please submit early.
We hope that you and your students will join us in this exciting endeavour.
Patrick May Anna Pietrzak
President Chopin Marathon Project Manager
Guidelines for Marathon
- The festival will run from Friday, March 1st (12:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.), Saturday, March 2nd (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Sunday, March 3rd (11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.).
- The day will be divided into one-hour performance segments. Each hour would accommodate a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8 students, with a total performance time of 55 minutes.
- Each teacher would be assigned one 1-hour performance segment. Any teacher with more than 8 students might be assigned two 1-hour performance segments.
- Any teacher presenting fewer than 6 students would share a 1-hour performance segment with another teacher, or teachers.
- Teacher(s) assigned to one 1-hour performance are responsible for ensuring the total performance time not to exceed 55 minutes.
- The teacher or his or her appointed adult representative must be present with his or her students during his or her 1-hour performance segment.
- The teacher should bring students not later than 20 min before the performance hour.
- The performance schedule will be strictly observed.
- Money raised by students is to be forwarded to his or her teacher. The teacher would then forward the total amount raised to The Vancouver Chopin Society.
- If the response to this celebration is overwhelming, The Vancouver Chopin Society reserves the right to limit the number of students presented by each teacher.
- The address of the student in application form should be entered only if a tax receipt is required.